The Corporate intranet market has seen resurgence after vendors worldwide have adapted new tools to improve internal communication and employee experience.
How to keep intranets relevant and engaging?
Define the Purpose of the Intranet- It’s absolutely crucial to first and foremost define the intranet and recognize the purpose it’s meant to serve in your organization.
Communication and collaboration- are at the core of the intranets purpose. Intranets are used by corporate organizations to communicate and collaborate internally from any device, 24*7 and help its employees to perform their roles and keep informed.
Can Intranets Survive Social Media?
For recently established companies, social platforms may seem like a more accessible alternative as it is easy to adopt.
Irrespective of this, replacing the benefits that come with an intranet isn’t that straightforward because no social media platforms can offer the same capabilities and benefits as intranet does.
Along with spreading updates and broadcasting announcements, Intranet invites audiences to discuss them, supports content management, project management, workflow automation and other business-critical features.
How can Intranet Boost Social Engagement?
Only when your employees have an environment to connect, communicate, and collaborate, can you improve the social aspect of your workplace along with creating a meaningfully engaging experience for your employees.
- The intranet has much more to give in the form of a social intranet.
- Intranets can offer extra capabilities for employee engagement than social media particularly if we consider social-focused intranets.
- Social intranets tender an integrated communication space for discussion and feedback by means of an array of tools, like news, chats, blogs, wikis, communities and discussion boards.
- With social intranets, companies get the additional benefits of engagement without forfeiting the advantages of traditional intranet.
- Intranets offer employee recognition competence by announcing achievements and promotions, posting employee success stories or assigning status badges, example Newbie or Expert.
- Social intranets can also be integrated with social media for publishing employees’ posts from social media to the intranet and the company related news to social media. This will make the intranet more dynamic.
- Intranets also offer built-in options for social engagement monitoring and improvement that are otherwise hard or more expensive elsewhere.
- Intranets additionally also help in strengthening social connections at the team and enterprise levels and also stimulates employees to become part of social initiatives.
Thus let’s conclude; Social Intranet offers relevant and out-of-the-box features that manage formal and informal communities, conduct employee surveys and supports social collaboration that may require serious customizations if made on unspecialized platforms.